Watching Jeff DaVanon

Watching Jeff DaVanon

A weblog devoted to #55 of the Anaheim Angels, Jeff DaVanon. How is he doing? Is he getting his due respect yet? Let's watch and see...

Sunday, October 16, 2005

169 Days Until Opening Day...


Time to start countin' 'em down. Only one hundred and sixty nine days until the Angels begin anew against the Mariners in Seattle on Monday, April 3. I can hardly wait.

What will transpire between now an then, one can only guess, nay - hope. Right now, the Angels already have $68,250,000 committed to ten players. Arte has publicly stated he's willing to increase next year's payroll if the right opportunities present themselves. Let's just hope Stoneman puts on his thinking cap before he completes any trades or deals and hope we don't end up with the 2006 version of Finley and Yan. This was the second - of what should be many consecutive years of playoff appearances for the team. We just need a few more pieces to avoid becoming the Atlanta Braves of the West.

The Halos provided us with another season's worth of great memories, and the ALCS umpires provided us with a lifetime worth of hypothetical debate. Although the end wasn't pretty, it was a damn fun ride and I can't thank the team enough. Although opening day is one hundred and sixty-nine days away, pitchers and catchers report to spring training in about one hundred and twenty days. I think I can make it until then...


Comments:
It's gonna be a long off season. A tough way to go out. I just discovered this blog when I found the link on Chronicles of the Lads (which I found from a link on Baseball Musings)! Kind of a roundabout way to get here, but here I am. Just so you know, my daughter and I stayed all the way through to the bitter end - rain and all - along with a few other true fans. Section 417 rocks! I've been an Angel fan since the 60's, so I don't give up easily!
 
We were 7 rows from the top of section 507 and didn't get a drop of rain on us. Of course we stayed until the end. It is never over until it is over. Go Halos in 2006! The Chisox will be in Anaheim on April 28, 29, 30 and September 11, 12, 13. Don't get mad, get even!

Yetijuice
 
Post a Comment


Slide back to Home