Watching Jeff DaVanon

Watching Jeff DaVanon

A weblog devoted to #55 of the Anaheim Angels, Jeff DaVanon. How is he doing? Is he getting his due respect yet? Let's watch and see...

Saturday, October 01, 2005

It's the Most - Wonderful Time - of the Year..

To be an Angel fan, is to be a baseball fan. - You must be a fan of the game itself in order to have weathered through all the lean years the Angels have yielded.

Two of this year's eight playoff slots have yet to be decided , and only one game remains in the regular season. Even the Angels' first round opponent has yet to be decided. (That's right, I said "first round.") All of this uncertainty is wreaking havoc on scheduling anything this week, but I still couldn't be happier. This weekend has been a dream come true. At least one Monday playoff game seems inevitable. So many games, so many different outcomes. - I could get carpal tunnel syndrome blogging about each scenario. And the actual playoffs haven't even begun yet!

Three rounds and three weeks of unadulterated pleasure. Sigh...So many games, so little free time...I only wish I had tickets to the Padres' playoff games in addition to my Angels tickets.

Although my wife is an Angels fan, (well, duh), even she cannot possibly stomach all of the baseball I am prepared to ingest in the coming weeks. It's October, my team is in the tournament of eight, I have tickets, multiple televisions at home, a television in my office, and a portable TV that bought in '02 (in order to watch the Angels while I sat in the bleachers at my younger brother's high school football games). I'm ready.

Let the games begin...


Comments: Post a Comment


Slide back to Home