Watching Jeff DaVanon

Watching Jeff DaVanon

A weblog devoted to #55 of the Anaheim Angels, Jeff DaVanon. How is he doing? Is he getting his due respect yet? Let's watch and see...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Three Out of Four...


That's what it will take to get this thing done. No worries - Big, Bad John is on the mound tomorrow and I like our chances. Colon didn't pitch poorly except for that first inning, which of course, was the difference in the game. Had our arthritic left-fielder gotten a better jump on Cano's well-struck ball in the first inning, the score would have been 1-2 instead of 4-2.

But alas, it was not to be. I thought I understood Scioscia's lineup rationale. - When there's a right-hander on the mound, Anderson in the outfield allows him to have Kotchman as DH. Um, okay, Anderson was in left and Rivera was the starting DH. - Wait, what? If Rivera and Anderson were both in the game, Rivera should have started in left with Anderson as DH - right? I can't wait to see what tomorrow's lineup will be.

I wore my #40 jersey to today's game hoping some of that Percival post-season mojo would rub off on Colon. - But to my surprise, that song started over the loudspeakers, and Percy took the mound to claim his mojo. It was the fastest first-pitch ceremony I have ever witnessed. He threw out the first pitch to his buddy Erstad, and just like that...he disappeared down the dugout steps.

First pitch tomorrow is @ 7:05 - and three out of four will turn into two out of three soon after...


Comments: Post a Comment


Slide back to Home