Watching Jeff DaVanon

Watching Jeff DaVanon

A weblog devoted to #55 of the Anaheim Angels, Jeff DaVanon. How is he doing? Is he getting his due respect yet? Let's watch and see...

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Respect watch and end of streak

So during last night's marathon game (which reminded me of why I never liked baseball, and also made me long for the days when I didn't care about it) Jeff finally managed to get a little respect. During the telecast he was the featured player during the lineup announcement and later on, when Hud kept saying how excited the fans were that Vlad was due up next (Jeff DH'd and batted 2nd in the order between Figgins and Vlad), or how scared the Brewers must be of Vlad, or basically just saying something to the effect of "so after this nobody finishes his at-bat then Vlad will appear and save us," the other announcer would point out that Jeff is no slouch either, and fully capable of doing damage, and batting .400 in the last month.

And Jeff went 0 for 7, failing to drive in the winning run several times. Of course, the same could be said for every other Angel. Still, I really hoped for better from Jeff. Because I am strange and obsessive that way. So endeth the streak. Oh well, that's the thing about streaks, they end. And te Angels went down 1-0 in 16 OR 17 innings, I lost track. And now haven't scored a run since Saturday 30+ innings ago.

Personally, I also continue to be generally unimpressed with Mondesi. But I can't be objective because I look at him and see only a hothead whiny guy with bad hair who took Jeff's job (and Jeff's job was being a replacement for an injured guy).


Comments: Post a Comment


Slide back to Home