Watching Jeff DaVanon

Watching Jeff DaVanon

A weblog devoted to #55 of the Anaheim Angels, Jeff DaVanon. How is he doing? Is he getting his due respect yet? Let's watch and see...

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Jeff on going back to the bench

Nice article about Jeff's impending return to the bench is here

Great quotes (see below) and background on his "plate discipline"
"It wouldn't be human not to be disappointed, because you want to be competitive," said DaVanon, who started at DH on Wednesday. "It's something I'm not worried about because it's not in my control. If I'm in the lineup, I play. If not, I cheer. I have to be realistic. I'll never be as good as Vladimir Guerrero or Garret Anderson, who are on a whole different tier in baseball."


I love that quote. You have to have respect for an athlete who can say something like that and honestly believe even a portion of that. Such a nice change when you have guys in the media complaining about playing time and position and everything else under the sun.


Comments: Post a Comment


Slide back to Home