Watching Jeff DaVanon

Watching Jeff DaVanon

A weblog devoted to #55 of the Anaheim Angels, Jeff DaVanon. How is he doing? Is he getting his due respect yet? Let's watch and see...

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Words taste good

So the Angels' site has a little tidbit that was clearly designed with the singular purpose of causing me to eat my words--

Jeff DaVanon drilled a solo homer in the Angels' split-squad, 16-2 win over the Diamondbacks. He is tied with Casey Kotchman for the club lead this spring with seven hits.

It should be mentioned that Q was on fire today (and played with the A team, while Jeff was clearly on the "who-the-heck-arethese-guys" team) and must be just 1 hit behind JD and the Kotch-man. Also Curtis Pride is batting some insane percentage (because, not so many at-bats right now) so wave your hands in the air for Curtis Pride.

I still think it is crazy to toy with the idea of having Casey as DH. But what the heck do I know? (Don't answer that) I'm sort of happy about D-Mac's back issues right now, not because I don't like him, or because I wish him ill or anything. I just like the idea of there being a place for JD and Q, and with Dallas off getting epidurals, that can happen more easily.


Comments: Post a Comment


Slide back to Home