Watching Jeff DaVanon

Watching Jeff DaVanon

A weblog devoted to #55 of the Anaheim Angels, Jeff DaVanon. How is he doing? Is he getting his due respect yet? Let's watch and see...

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Nothing to watch here

There was the teasing possibility of Jeff action, but no actual Jeff action.

So there was nothing to watch.

I can't even begin to discuss the rest of the game. It hurts too much. Should such rampant suckiness really be rewarded with my continued loyalty?

I have $2 in my pocket, maybe we should take up a collection to get some real pitching? Or would the money be better spent on a 3rd baseman? Or possibly a voodoo priest to ward off future injuries?

And for goodness sake send his errorness, Alfie, and his .SUK batting average far far away. I've been forgiving of the average because he seemed to have excellent defensive instincts, but I am so over that now. Go away Alfie!

Watching the game on ESPN was a trip. The game felt like it was being televised by a high school... badly framed shots, cut-aways to nothing, and (my favorite) simultaneous, *overlapping* tickers running along the bottom of the screen. You'd think after 25 years, they'd get some of this stuff right.


Comments: Post a Comment


Slide back to Home