Watching Jeff DaVanon

Watching Jeff DaVanon

A weblog devoted to #55 of the Anaheim Angels, Jeff DaVanon. How is he doing? Is he getting his due respect yet? Let's watch and see...

Sunday, October 16, 2005

My crazy suggestion

I happen to think that part of the problem is that the White Sox have some kind of superior scouting on the Angels. The only people to perform well batting-wise are Quinlan and Kotchman, and those are guys not usually in the line-up and whatever holes exist in their swing or predictability in their outcomes has not yet been discovered.

Since everyone else is sucking ass-- and by everyone I especially mean Figgins and Finley-- I suggest a line-up that uses all the other folks. Any regular who stays in the line-up should hit in a different spot. Have Josh Paul as the DH. Play Q and Kotch and anyone else that we can round up.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Yet for some reason in baseball, this is called good managing. Finley is not going to stop sucking. Figgins has been a high-strikeout, low OBP guy all year. The offense has been anemic all year, and since we lost D-Mac, it is only more so.

Good pitching is always going to beat a sucky offense and off pitching. Always.

Replay is looking like a pretty darn good idea right about now isn't it? I can't remember ever seeing such bad officiating. The theory was that the Angels would get all the calls during this series after "the call"-- looks like that isn't to be the case.

I don't have to pay $250 to watch a team suck. I can see that other places for a lot less money.


Comments:
I can not, for the life of me, fathom why Mike insists on playing Steve Finley. He's officially washed up. To continue to pencil him in makes me question how good a manager Mike truely is, or makes me think he's giving Mike sexual favors?
 
Post a Comment


Slide back to Home