Watching Jeff DaVanon

Watching Jeff DaVanon

A weblog devoted to #55 of the Anaheim Angels, Jeff DaVanon. How is he doing? Is he getting his due respect yet? Let's watch and see...

Sunday, June 26, 2005

cranky

I owe y'all my write-up of the Quakes game on Saturday. But there is actual Jeff-related news to speak of.

First of all, Jeff played fairly well in a the freeway series. He played hard, he took some more hits to the nose, he got actual hits. I'm sure he did it all to cause me shame for having been such the doubting thomas. He also gave an incredibly cranky post-game interview on Friday. Now, I figure anyone would be cranky if they had to talk to Rex Hudler, but since we're used to boyish, gee-whiz, Jeff, it was a bit of a shock.

But of course, today, my husband comes home and is all "I'm so off the Jeff bandwagon!" And goes on to re-enact the key Jeff moments of the game: Jeff totally ignoring the right-field fans who were trying to show him mad love after he was the go-ahead run, Jeff failing to take more than 3 steps out of the box after hitting a funky popped-up bunt that wasn't caught and he probably could have beat, and then Jeff losing a ball in the sun and doing a duck-and-cover. I'm not so upset about the losing-the-ball-in-the-sun thing, since I see Vlad do that up-close and personal at least twice a month. But the rest of it ain't cool.

Still, I'd be cranky too, and I'm all about cutting slack. Jeff is starting to do something that resembles hitting, and I'm happy that he's alive and fighting, and still has life left in him.

And I apologize for being the doubting thomas.


Comments:
He didn't seem so cranky in the interview. Bet his nose was hurtin! LOL I was there Sunday.... actually right behind him....and I about flipped when he did the duck and cover...but my husband explained that it's easy to lose the ball in the sun....and I bet he didn't want his nose hit again. Poor guy! I'm so happy to see him hitting again...and let alone playing!!!!!

Nicole
 
You actually know him?! I love Jeff. I'm such a fan- I would freak out if I met him. He's so cute! No matter how bad he's doing- he's still hot!
Lauren
 
Post a Comment


Slide back to Home